Our goal is to cover our state with churches where, no matter who you are, where you’ve been, what you’ve done or what’s been done to you, God loves you, and you can look for God here. We do this by launching campuses in Big Iowa that then launch disciples into Little Iowa. Big Iowa is our entire state and Little Iowa is your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers.
We are people marked by these four values:
- Biblical: We believe the Bible is God’s Word, so we’re always going to stick with the Bible and keep it as our centerpiece. Whether you use an app on your phone or tablet, carry your Bible or use a Bible from our Worship Center, you’ll find our messages creatively and boldly reveal how the timeless stories of the Bible relate today in our home life, workplace and world.
- Invitational: God invited us into His family, His Kingdom and to be on mission with Him. Being invitational and including others is the heart of God. Invitational is an attitude, heart and spirit that infects us. We’re always looking for ways to invite friends, families and co-workers into our circles.
- Authentic: Prairie Lakes Church is a place where people come as they are. We place a premium on being authentic and allowing people to see who you really are because, honestly, it’s too hard to pretend to be something you’re not. We don’t play church. We’re a group of imperfect people who are simply loved by a gracious God-nothing more and nothing less.
- Simple: In today’s busy world with noise, clutter and uncertainty, people want simplicity. We want to be clear, straightforward and uncomplicated in what we preach and remove barriers as people move forward on their faith journey. One of the things you’ll hear around here is, “What’s your simple next step?”
As disciples, we want to increasingly love and obey Jesus by engaging in these three practices:
- Learn: Spending time with God to become more like Jesus.
- Include: Inviting people into my life so they can see Jesus at work in me.
- Bless: Demonstrating God’s love with no strings attached.