Fellowship of Christian Athletes
The FCA vision is to see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes. FCA uses the power medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ by focusing on serving local communities by equipping, empowering and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.
Heart of Iowa Big Brothers Big Sisters
Big Brothers Big Sisters exists to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally-supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
- School-Based Mentors: commit to seeing a selected individual child at least once a week, every week while school is in session. Mentors visit the child at the school typically during the lunch recess period.
- Community-Based Mentors: commit to seeing the child on a regular basis (weekly, biweekly) outside of the school setting in the evening, on the weekend and during school breaks.
- E-mentors: select high school students are paired with select middle school students. Their friendship develops through emails.
All mentors have the opportunity to see their mentee at quarterly Big Brothers Big Sisters sponsored events such as picnics, art programs, open gyms, movie nights or bowling.
Questions? Visit heartofiowabigs.org/grinnell or call 641.990.0567.
Succeeding in school is vital to succeeding in life. Children and adolescents need consistent adults in their lives encouraging them along the way.
Questions? Contact your local school to see how you can get plugged in.
MICA is a non-profit organization serving children and families in central Iowa specializing in Head Start, child nutrition, family development and housing services.
- Organization in food pantry
- Weigh and record donations in food pantry
- Prepare food boxes Answer phones in office Clerical tasks such as shredding, filing, copying, folding brochures
- Assist clients who come in for food boxes
Questions? Call 641.236.3923 or visit micaonline.org.