Prairie Lakes Church exists to cover Iowa with churches where no matter who you are, where you’ve been, what you’ve done or what’s been done to you, you can look for God. Prairie Lakes High School HouseGroups are an extension of this mission by creating an environment specifically for high school students. By inviting peers and adult leaders into this environment to engage with biblical teaching, a student can deepen their personal relationship with Jesus. All high school students (9th-12th grade) are welcome to attend any HouseGroup location listed below. To avoid surprises on your first night, take a look at the schedule below for a normal night at HouseGroups!
Location of HouseGroups
- Cedar Falls North - 3606 Skyview Drive
- Cedar Falls South - 2403 West Ridgeway Avenue
- Waterloo - 7502 Hammond Avenue
Date: Wednesdays every week (off March 20 for Spring Break)
Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
No Matter… (9/4)
- Explanation of HouseGroups
- Why are we here?
- What is a no matter church?
He’s Got It All (9/11, 9/18, 9/25)
- Attributes of God
- Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient
- All Love, All Powerful, All Righteous
Like Jesus (10/2, 10/9)
- Making Disciples
- Four Chair Discipleship
- Chair 1 – Lost, Chair 2 – Follower, Chair 3 – Worker, Chair 4 – Disciple Maker
Question Everything: Why trust the Bible? (10/16, 10/23)
- How is it relevant to today?
- How can we know it is inspired?
- How can we know its words are true?
I’ve Got Your Back - (10/30, 11/6)
- How to Be a Good Friend
- How to support a friend going through a hard time?
- How can I encourage my friend?
- What does a friend need from me?
Celebrations of the Church - (11/13, 11/20)
- Baptism and Communion
- Why did Jesus establish these mandates?
- Why should I get baptized?
- Why should I take communion
Thanksgiving - Off (11/27)
Talk to God (12/4, 12/11)
- How can I pray?
- Why should I pray?
- What should I pray for?